"I used to give lots of small donations to many different charities, but overtime I learned it's better to give more significant size gifts to a smaller number of organizations, and CARE is one of those organizations. Giving through my IRA is a perfect way to do it because it isn't designed for giving multiple small donations. There is also a significant tax advantage even without the charitable tax deduction because it reduces your gross income. There are not many benefits to getting older, but once your 70 ½ this one of the benefits of getting old! It's easy to do and both my advisor and CPA confirmed the benefits." Stephen Hughes, Atlanta
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us and to discuss if this type of gift is right for you.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
- Click here for a sample letter to send your financial representative
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.