What are the benefits of including a gift in your will (a bequest)?
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You create a lasting legacy for a loved one or yourself to be remembered
- You send a message to your loved ones about your values and what was important to you
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or CARE as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?